Connect with me on Google+

Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Hyper Japan Event 2010


Not really specific exercise related to this one, but it’s worth a mention I guess. I covered the Hyper Japan Event, which is a Japanese cultural event that is held in London; its all things Japan. The main interest from a photography perspective is the culture of ‘cosplay’ which is short for costume play where people of all ages and sexes dress up as characters from popular fiction,including TV, Film, Video games, comics etc. Anyway I used a canon 7D with no flash; it was in a large warehouse environment with Fluorescent lighting being the main source; there was no external / Natural light at the event, and without flash I ended up having to shoot at relatively high ISO settings to avoid camera shake (slower shutter speeds). I let the camera sort out the white balance on AWB, but did find the bright colours of costumes and coloured disco lights in some places kept me on my toes. That said the strange lighting conditions added to the atmosphere of the event and with a little creative digital processing I had a lot of fun with the results.  

London Photographer

London Photographer

London Photographer

London Photographer

 

London Photographer

London Photographer


No comments:

Post a Comment