Connect with me on Google+

Friday, 26 March 2010

Focal Lengths


Some of the areas in this section have been covered in an earlier exercise on the course – Focal length and angle of view. It was interesting to read that course text linking into what I had discovered during the original exercise. In that exercise I found (to me) that the standard focal length is the angle of view similar to the way we see. The course text states

“The focal length of the lens determines the angle of view: a lens with a focal length that is similar to the diagonal of the sensor or film gives a normal-looking perspective and is considered to be the standard lens”.

Again confirming my theories from the earlier exercise (relief!). The next two exercises continue to explore the effects of focal lengths.


No comments:

Post a Comment